Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 connecting to an outside webservice issues

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I've connected to simple web services before but I've been having trouble with a Document styled webservice that is looking for complex data to be passed to it. We just upgraded to CF10 because I thought my problem would be corrected with the new wsversion="2" option but this morning I'm running into new errors.

Error:

Unable to parse WSDL as an XML document. Parsing error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
It is recommended that you use a web browser to retrieve and examine the requested WSDL document to ensure it is correct.
The error occurred on line 163.

The webservice I'm connecting to can be found here:

https://services.frx.com/speakerprogramdevelopment/vendorservice.wsdl

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some more reading I saved the WSDL XML and opened it in a hex editor and sure enough the encoding was incorrect. It's coming up with FFFE instead of the proper EFBBBF.

Is there anyway around this? The webservice isn't under my control but I've emailed the other developer and hopefully they will be of assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation