1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 10:49 AM by nealeh

Wrong project settings

Lsimonsen

I've used the same camera and the same settings for all my videos so I don't even glance because they're always what they were previously. For some reason, my current project was created with the wrong project settings. I didn't notice for a while and once I did, I didn't think it would cause many problems. Now my video is completely done but I'm having problems placing our company logo. Once I save the video it's too far to the right and some of the picture on both sides are cut off. I have a ton of effects and titles, I really don't want to start over from square one, is there any way to start a new project and copy that info into it? I tried copying and pasting but that did nothing. I don't know why I didn't get the pop-up message when I placed the first clip in the timeline. Premiere usually tells you if you have the wrong project settings and gives you the option to fix it. I don't see why I can't go in and change them once the project is created if Premiere can automatically change it. Uggh, I don't know what to do.

• 1. Re: Wrong project settings
          nealeh Level 5

Lsimonsen wrote:

is there any way to start a new project and copy that info into it?

The ClipMate ($35) clipboard manager can do it. In the past there have been posts where people hacked the .prel file with varying degrees of success.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children