2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 7:32 AM by zhouzhanglin

Laggy touch events on Android until app hidden and reloaded

NoisyDuck

Having issues using touch events in a Stage3D app running on Android. Events lag by maybe 1-2 seconds which makes for a horrible experience. Frame rate is at 50 FPS so I'm pretty sure it's nto the device being overwhelmed - though the higher the number of objects, the laggier the touch events become.

The wierd part is that if I hide the app (e.g. Home button, back button, lock button etc) then reshow it, the touch events are then very smooth. On my device only the "lock" key actually destroys the Stage3D context so that it needs recreating - but the Home and Back still fix the touch events whilst keeping the context. I have tried on multiple Android devices - all exhbit this laggy touch behvaiour. The same app running on iOS does not have this issue. This looks like it's probably a bug with Air, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any suggetions I can try.

With hindsight, I probably should have asked here before raising the bug (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3207367).