Restart your computer that should empty aany bloated ccahe files.
I tried that but it didn't work
1 person found this helpful
Thhen try this and if that does not work read the article from the link below.
1. Quit Illustrator.
2.Go to User/username/Library/Preferences/ Adobe illustrator CS6 Settings and either rename the folder (to something like Old Adobe Illustrator CS6 Settings) or trash the settings folder, the whole folder not just the contents of the folder..
3. Start Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new preferences file.
This was not effective either. I renamed the file and started Illustrator and then it seemed to take longer to throw the error; I thought it would actually start up. However 5 seconds later, the error popped up again. The extended time was probably from Illy creating a new preferences file.
The next step was to trash the old file and restart, but this wasn't successful either. Thanks for your efforts though, I really appreciate you trying to help me out!
you probably did not read that document I gave you a link to becuse i think they mention the problem you are encountering and why.
I am not being sarcastic but you do have to read more carefully. I'm guilty sometimes of this myself.
but not often
form the Adobe systems requirements you should read it but I can tell you it won't launch on your system so you will have to updte it.
Seee it clearly say Mac OS X 10.6.8 or 10.7
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
- 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs
- This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.
Haha, ok so I'm truly not being sarcastic either but I think this is one of those 'not often' moments where you might not have read what I originally wrote. I'm running CS4 and not CS6 and Illustrator most definitely runs on 10.5 because I've been using Illustrator on this laptop for the past several years, it only recently just decided to mysteriously stop working all of a sudden.
I don't know if that helps.
LOL I ggoofed you have CS 4.
Yes I having a hard time not laughing.
I did what i accused you of hahaha!
I can't write anymore. I can't stop laughing
I appreciate your help, Wade. Is there anyone else with experience with this problem? It's pretty frustrating as you can imagine. I've tried every solution I've been able to find online.
Did you read the document that is linked in my post above it relly has to be one of the many issues they discussed in the article.
Go to the linked article and read i8t.
I know this is ftwo years later but this solution worked for me.
1. Open a new AI document.
2. File>Place> your original corrupt file. Make Sure you have Enable: Adobe Illustrator(.ai,.ait) selected.
3. It will ask you to select which page if you have multiple artboards.
4. Once the file is placed Object>Release Clipping Mask until all your illustrations are free from the clipping mask. You may also have to ungroup the objects.
Not sure if this works if you have art place outside the Art Boards.