8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 7:15 PM by Jeff Arola

Photoshop CS activation

stringeg

My XP pc with Photoshop CS died.  I moved old C drive to another Dell as the 2nd drive.  I loaded CS on the new C drive but I cannot activate it.  The CS is an upgrade from PS6 which was originally on the old pc but when CS was loaded on the old pc, the ps6 was essentially removed by CS.  Only the file folder remains of ps6.

How do I activate the CS now?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS activation
          Curt Y Level 7

You should be able to type in the s/n of PS6 when it asks for qualifying product upgrade for CS.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS activation
            stringeg Level 1

Well, it doesn't ask for the qualifying upgrade and if it did, I wouldn't

have it as it is long gone. The first install on the old pc probably just

accessed the PS6 and got the number, but now that the PS6 was essentially

wiped by the CS install it is not available.  Many thanks for the input.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS activation
              Curt Y Level 7

Do you have the CS s/n?  When typed in it says incorrect?

Did you resister this product with Adobe?  If so s/n should in in your account which you can access.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS activation
                stringeg Level 1

Oh yes I have the serial number and it doesn't say it is incorrect, it just

says registration failed.  When I called and  talked to support, he said he

could walk me through it but then he said it was a product that wasn't

still covered on phone support and I would have to go to the forums to get

help.  Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS activation
                  Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Are you talking about registration or activation?

Registration is optional and not required (which probably wouldn't be covered by support), but activation is or photoshop cs wouldn't work.

(i believe for cs there is a grace period of so many days before you actually have to activate cs)

If it's an activation issue then support is wrong. They are obligated to cover activation issues forever

until such time that those products no longer need to be activated to use.

• 6. Re: Photoshop CS activation
                    stringeg Level 1

It is activation that fails.  The install is good for 30 days right now but

without activation it will cease operation.

It seemed odd that support would say they could walk me through it and then

go away for a few seconds and come back that they didn't support CS anymore.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Photoshop CS activation
                      stringeg Level 1

Oooops, all fixed now.  Seems I used a number that was written on the box

and when I was looking at the cd case, it had the number that was different

than the one written on the box.  Reinstalled the software and used the

number on the cd case and it activated instantly.

Thanks to all that offered help.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CS activation
                        Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Glad you got straight and thanks for letting us know.