MAC PRO 2 x 2.93 GHz 6 Core

12 GB 1333 MJZ DDR3 Ram

Kona 3 card

Quadro 4000 graphics card

Video drive Apple XServe raid

plus 2 TB G-raid & 3, 2 TB internal 7200 RPM drives

OS 10.7.4

CS6.0.1.31

I have run into this "File Import Error"  several times since installing the PP update and the new AJA drivers for CS6.

The message tells me that the file is an unsupported format or that it's damaged.  These files will open if I keep trying and they'll also open in QT player and in After Effects and eventually in PP.

Also when I open an existing project I consistently get a dialogue box: 

"The scratch disks are write protected or unavailable.  To open this project, the scratch disks will be set to your documents folder.  Would you like to continue?

second dialogue appears

"The project could not be loaded.  It may be damaged or contain outdated elements.

Then another:

"Video filter missing

AE_A7D2C2A2-6AB7-4551-84A6-45830F6ADF3C"

If I try the project a coupl.e of times it will usually open, showing the first and third dialogue box, but not the second saying that it is damaged.

Of course none of the scrazttch disks are locked.

Problem #3

All day yesterday could not render any clips or timeline.  Today I repaired permissions and seem to now be ble to render.

Problem #4

Sent the unrendered timeline to Media encoder, hoping the Media Encoder would be able to render and it just locked up with no encode.

I deleted the files and now Media encoder seems to be working.

Something very Hinkey going on.  Anyone have any ideas or solutions to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks...Jim Watt

• 1. Re: CS6 File Import Error
          jstrawn Adobe Employee

Problem 1: What sort of file(s) are you trying to import when you get the error?

Problem 2: Was the previous scartch disk setting pointing to a drive that is not available on your current system? If so, open the project then change the scratch disk manually to whiver drive/directory you want... Or just accept the default.

Problem 3: Glad that worked... doesn't that negate probelm 4?

Problem 4: Timeline rendering and rendering at export are two different things. They are not directly related, so an export will not render the timelien for you. You did the right thing by deleteing your existing preview files. That's always a good thing to do after upgrading old projects to current versions. Plus, it saves a lot of storage space if you do that whenever you're 'done' with a project.

• 2. Re: CS6 File Import Error
            jwffvm Level 1

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me so fast.

1.  XDCAM EX 1080i, DVCPRO HD 1080i, MVI files from Canon 5D MkIII  All files that were in the original project, just relinking them.

2.  Had reset scratch disks numerous times for same project, however the permission repair fixed this issue as it did for issue 3 & 4 and so far no problem importing files, nor rendering and Media Encoder is working great now, so the key was permissions repair.

Thanks again...jw

• 3. Re: CS6 File Import Error
              jstrawn Adobe Employee

1.  XDCAM EX 1080i, DVCPRO HD 1080i, MVI files from Canon 5D MkIII  All files that were in the original project, just relinking them.

And you get the error when trying to relink to any of them?

• 4. Re: CS6 File Import Error
                jwffvm Level 1

Relink or import.  But this problem also seems to have gone once the permissions were repaired.

• 5. Re: CS6 File Import Error
                  jstrawn Adobe Employee

Oh okay. So you're good to go now?

if you have a mind to, please submit that problem (#1) as a bug and request that it get added to the help knowledgebase

• 6. Re: CS6 File Import Error
                    jwffvm Level 1

For now everything seems to be working.  Have been working on other portions of the show in After Effects so will spend more time in premier tomorrow & later this afternoon.  Wil submit bug report now.  thanks again for your help.