0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 3:49 PM by cunningprod2

Encoding PrPro-CS6

cunningprod2 Level 1

Premiere Pro CS6 -- I need to create a wmv file of my AVC Intra 100 footage. Since there is no wmv out of AME (Mac) or PR, I was going to export my sequence as is (AVC Intra) then use Episode to create wmv.  My PR sequence say that it is AVC Intra, but when I check the export using Sequence Settings check-box, the quality slider is greyed out and frozen at 50%, and the suffix on the file name is mpeg. After the encode, I end up w/ a file with a black screen and no audio (probably missing metadata).

I've also tried creating a custom sequence and have set the render to ProRes (HD).  This seems to give me an HD file the same screen size as my sequence (and it actually has audio/video), but the "get info" for the file doesn't say that the file is ProRes.  Sending client approval copies in WMV is essential for my business, so understanding the ins and out of PR's export process is IMPORTANT.  I've watched the tutorials on Lynda.com and the Cow, but haven't found anything that address much of this subject, nor any real post production best practices for PR CS6. I've been editing since CMX -- through Sony, Grass Valley, Avid Media Composer, and all of the FCP software (of course not much of FCP X), and am finding PR has great possibilities. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim