3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 2:10 PM by John T Smith

Steve - Possible bad link in FAQ article

John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

FAQ article http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390605 may have a bad link... well, a link to a site that may be bad

The 1st link in your Aug 25, 2009 posting is blocked by Norton as being a "known malicious web site"

Does your anti-virus show the same thing?

• 1. Re: Steve - Possible bad link in FAQ article
          the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

Do you mean the link to Koyotesoft?

Somewere amongst the cobwebs of my brain, I seem to remember another user getting a warning, and probably about that site - but that was a long time ago.

Thanks for raising a possible flag.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Steve - Possible bad link in FAQ article
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No, Koyote Software is a legitimate site, and the link definitely works.

Is that the site you're getting warnings on, John?

The web site is based in Cyprus, so that may be triggering the warnings.

• 3. Re: Steve - Possible bad link in FAQ article
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is the site... Norton Internet Security pops up a warning... I did not go any further into the details, so the site's location may be what triggers Norton

Anyway... I wandered there because someone over in the Premiere Pro "old" forum could not edit AVCHD with PPro 1.5 so I posted your FAQ link... the top 2 links both worked, so... in the absence of a response by the person I was trying to help... I will presume they found a product to do the conversion

I know there have been a few other instances of ISP's being blocked because of problems with "some" accounts... I will just chalk this up to a case of a good site being caught up on a bad host

OK... I clicked the Norton "more info" link, and this is what it said

Threats found: 1
              Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: Trojan.ADH.2
              File name: C:\NISManager\Data\ff10d7f1-86d6-407f-b6bf-bf60aefdd3fd_311481046\SetupDataMngr_Searchqu.e xe
              Location: http://download.cdn.koyotesoft.com/cdn/SearchSuite/002/SetupDataMngr_Searchqu.exe

It may be that Norton is wrong, or that the vendor is infected and does not know... either way, as I said, the top links in your FAQ both go to sites with no Norton warning