7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 12:03 AM by sofisun_gr

Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection

chris_goehler

Hello everybody,

there is a problem with the Extension Manager: I've installed the CS6 yesterday on my Mac OSX 10.7. Everythin works fine. But when I wanted to do an update after the first install, there was an error called "U44M1I208". After that I reinstalled the CS and tried again to carry out an update. This time, it works fine. But after a restart of my mac, the problem occurs again! When i open the update-service of the CS there are the same updates in the list like before the update-installation. And when i try to install the updates there is the "U44M1I208" again. Version of the Extension Manager: 6.0.1.26

Log-File:

Adobe Prelude CS6 1.0.1 – Update

Bei der Installation dieses Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Schließen Sie den Vorgang und versuchen Sie es später erneut. Fehlercode: U44M1I208

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7-Update

Bei der Installation dieses Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Schließen Sie den Vorgang und versuchen Sie es später erneut. Fehlercode: U44M1I208

Update der Flash Pro CS6-Hilfe

Update für Adobe Extension Manager CS6

Encore CS6-Update

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.1-Update

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.1-Update

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.01.1 Update

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.1-Update

Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 6.0.1-Update

Bei der Installation dieses Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Schließen Sie die Installation und wiederholen Sie die Installation zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt. Fehlercode: U44M1I216

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 6.0.1-Update

• 1. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
          sofisun_gr

I have the same problem. Any help available?

• 2. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
            Carl Sun Level 4

It seems that the update has completed but the database has not been updated fully, so these updates are still litsed in update-service. Actually Extension Manager CS6 has been updated (6.0.1.26 is the final patch version number). If all products display the higher version number than that before update, you can ignore the update notification, you have the latest updates installed. U44M1I208 means that signature of file to be installed is invalid.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
              sofisun_gr Level 1

Hi Carl, I still got these problems. When will this be fixed?

Best Regards!

• 4. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
                Carl Sun Level 4

If the error codd you got is still U44M1I208, please download http://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/mac/AdobeExtensionManager -6.0.1-mul-AdobeUpdate.dmg then run it manually to update Extension Manager. If it doesn't solve the problem, please run "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers/Adobe Extension Manager CS6" to uninstall Extension Manager, and reinstall it using http://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/mac/AdobeExtensionManager 6.0All.dmg, then update it. It's possible that you cannot find the uninstaller or the installation folder still exists after uninstallation (if you didn't install it standalone), you can simply move the installation folder to Trash in this case.

• 5. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
                  sofisun_gr Level 1

I did both and when I run the Adobe Application Manager for Updates I still get this:

Encore CS6-Update

Bei der Installation dieses Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Schließen Sie die Installation und wiederholen Sie die Installation zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt. Fehlercode: U44M1I216

Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.1-Aktualisierung zur Bereinigung kritischer Punkte

Update für Adobe Extension Manager CS6

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.1-Update

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.03-Aktualisierung

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 6.0.1-Update

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.1-Update

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.1-Update

• 6. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
                    Carl Sun Level 4

If you download and run the installer and updater from the links above in turn, you should have updated EM to 6.0.1. The update entry will not be displayed anymore in Adobe Application Manager window. Have you did this way?

Could you uncheck all other entries so as to update one product one time?

Have you deleted any files in "Adobe Extension Manager CS6" folder? For example, non-German localized string files. If any of the files is missing, the update will fail.

You can generate a log file so that we can tell the root cause.

1. Open a Terminal window.

2. Run command: cd /tmp

3. Run command: touch ribs3debug

4. After that a new file named "ribs3debug" should have been created in /tmp folder.

5. Update Extension Manager, via Adobe Application Manager or running updater manually.

6. The new log file "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Extension Manager CS6 6.0.1 08-09-2012.log.gz" will be created.

The actual plain text log file can be extracted from the generated gz file using unzip software. Please paste the log file here for the troubleshooting.

• 7. Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
                      sofisun_gr Level 1

Do you really think all the errors have their reasons in the Extension Manager?

I deleted the whole "Adobe Extension Manager CS6" folder, yes. Then run the 6.0 Installer, then the patch installer. The tried again the Application Manager, got the known issues. Same result when I uncheck all other entries:

"Update für Adobe Extension Manager CS6

Bei der Installation dieses Updates ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Schließen Sie den Vorgang und versuchen Sie es später erneut. Fehlercode: U44M1I208"

I will try to get the log file.

Am 09.08.2012 um 08:53 schrieb Carl Sun:

Re: Update-Problem Creative Suite 6 Master Collection

created by Carl Sun in Extension Manager - View the full discussion

If you download and run the installer and updater from the links above in turn, you should have updated EM to 6.0.1. The update entry will not be displayed anymore in Adobe Application Manager window. Have you did this way?

Could you uncheck all other entries so as to update one product one time?

Have you deleted any files in "Adobe Extension Manager CS6" folder? For example, non-German localized string files. If any of the files is missing, the update will fail.

You can generate a log file so that we can tell the root cause.

1. Open a Terminal window.

2. Run command: cd /tmp

3. Run command: touch ribs3debug

4. After that a new file named "ribs3debug" should have been created in /tmp folder.

5. Update Extension Manager, via Adobe Application Manager or running updater manually.

6. The new log file "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Extension Manager CS6 6.0.1 08-09-2012.log.gz" will be created.

The actual plain text log file can be extracted from the generated gz file using unzip software. Please paste the log file here for the troubleshooting.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4609016#4609016

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4609016#4609016. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Extension Manager by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.