Could be. Try opening the project with caps lock down. Also, try importing the CS5 project into CS6 the same way you'd add footage.
A little more info about the project and your system would be helpful.
Could be a resource conflict/ bug. The Effect is hardware accelerated, after all. Some more info might help....
I tried caps lock and import - same results.
My system is
Win7 Pro x64
Core i7 980, 3.33GHz (Six Core)
24 GB RAM
SSD as primary drive
nVidia Quadro FX 4600
The project is complex. Many comps and effects. Source files are exrs, psd, png.
It uses a number of other plugins - Trapcode Suite, RSMB, proEXR - all of which I've updgraded for CS6.
What other info would be helpful?
I noticed that CS6 updated most of the apps recently, but this incompatibility persists - any chance that Adobe Team have looked at it?
Still broken in 11.0.2
If anyone is still encountering this issue, please submit a detailed bug report to http://www.adobe.com/go/wish and mention whether you're willing to send a project that causes this problem. We're unable to reproduce it here, so we need a project that will trigger the problem reliably.
Thanks for your reply Todd.
I submitted a bug report, but forgot to mention that I can send you the project.
I can upload it to my website or yours but it is 6.7GB (after collecting it to a new folder). If you are interested, please PM me thru this forum.
It would definitely be good to get be able to use this project in the future...
We won't use the private message system of this forum to communicate about bugs. It's much harder for us to track things that way. If you have details to give, please do so through the bug-report link.