1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2012 11:16 AM by MicUK88

"Unexpected File Format" Save corruption

MicUK88

I was working on a project and hit save when Flash freezes and I receive an error message saying "Adobe Flash CS5 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." - with an option for "Close program"

I waited, in vain, to see if Flash would resume running but unfortunately it left me with the only option of hitting close program. I hit close program, and Flash disappears. When I tried to open the file I was working on I get the error message "Unexpected File Format"

The save file is now corrupted. Since I am new to flash (student at university), and unaware of how notoriously unstable it's save files could be, I did not think to save a secondary backup file and just save on a regular basis instead.

Here's the details of my computer:

Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 Ghz

6GB Ram

Flash CS5 version 11.0.0.485

I have tried every potential fix I have found to no success. If I am unable to recover this file there is a very high likelihood I will be unable to finish my assignment in time, I will fail the course and will have to repeat the entire year.

Is there anything I can do to recover this file?