3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2012 6:40 PM by likemovies

Cannot not transfer video file from camera to PC

likemovies Level 1

Hi, I have a Nikon D5100. I tried to upload my photos and videos from a recent shoot to PrE 9 Organizer and it crashed. I used Windows Explorer to import the files onto my hard drive, and seemed to be successful except for one file (of course the most important one). It was shot 1080 and is 1.55GB in size. It will not transfer over either.

Is it the size of the file, or have I done something wrong?

Also, my D5100 is always designated in Organizer as "D5100 #2" although I only have one. Can I get rid of one?

Thank you, Stan

• 1. Re: Cannot not transfer video file from camera to PC
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

Are you Copying the files to your HDD, or using Get Media, to bring the files in over USB?

If the latter,I would Copy the files to the HDD, and then use Get Media.

As for the designation of your camera, it could be as simple as having plugged it into a different USB port, and the OS just assumed that it was a different camera, located the drivers for it, and set it up on that USB port. Not having a name, it just assigned #2 to that connection. You can probably go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and remove #2, but if you plug that into a different USB port, will probably get #2 again.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Cannot not transfer video file from camera to PC
            likemovies Level 1

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. If by "Get Media" you mean using Organizer (in my PrE 9 it's "Get Photos/Videos>From Camera/Card Reader") I tried that. It crashed the first time. Now when I try to import the one 1.5GB file I need it says, "Elements Organizer cannot obatian files from thi device, please ensure the device is connected properly." The device is properly connected with a full battery, and what's more I can import any other file from the camera except this one I want.

I tried to upload the file using Windows Explorer in XP. It can import any other file, but not the one I want. It sees the file, but when I try to import it onto my PCs hard drive, nothing happens. An icon appears onto my hard drive, but no data (0 bytes).

The interesting thing is, the file is fine on the flash drive in the camera. It plays fine (in camera) as well as all the other files. I am baffled.

Any ideas? Stan

• 3. Re: Cannot not transfer video file from camera to PC
              likemovies Level 1

Friendly bump. I'm not sure if the specific file I need is corrupted, or I'm just doing something wrong. If it was corrupted, I don't understand why it plays fine in camera. Any ideas? Thanks, Stan