4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2012 7:32 AM by arikw

audition cs6 with pp cs5.5

arikw Level 1

following the discussions in the forum I'm going to wait with installing the upgrade from cs5.5. to ppcs6. however I have ordered with the pprcs6 the audition cs6 (I didn't have audition before). should I be concerned about installing it with the pp cs5.5?

thanks

arikw

• 1. Re: audition cs6 with pp cs5.5
          Harm Millaard Level 7

First of all, you can have multiple versions installed at the same time. I have CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 installed on my machine without any problems. Only make sure that when you want to remove an older version, say in my case CS5, you may need to reinstall later versions. This used to be a problem with the installer at least up to CS5.5. I have not tried it with the CS6 installer yet, but given the fact that the installer is still very awkward and stupid, installing over 40 languages for EULA's, and many 100's of files and multitudes of directories that are an utter waste of space, keep that in mind. Feature requests to improve the installer have been ignored ever since CS5.

Second, the DL between PR 5.5 and AU 6 works without a problem, but I have the MC of all versions on my system.

• 2. Re: audition cs6 with pp cs5.5
            arikw Level 1

just to make sure I didn't misunderstand you.

what you saying is that when I install cs6 I'll have the option not to remove cs5.5 or that cs6 will not step over it? (I have purchased an upgrade).

if so, will I be able to run a project using one of the versions of my choice and if I'm not happy with the results to switch to the other?

I'm working windows.

thanks

arikw

• 3. Re: audition cs6 with pp cs5.5
              Harm Millaard Level 7

There is no backward compatibility, so a CS5.5 project can be used in CS6 under a new name, but a CS6 project can not be used (under normal circumstances) in CS5.5. Hence the advice to finish projects in the version you started with. If you like to edit the .XML project file, you can make a CS6 project work with CS5.5 AFAIK.

All new versions of Adobe software install in new directories, so there is no conflict between versions.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: audition cs6 with pp cs5.5
                arikw Level 1

thanks a lot it is very helpful

arikw