5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 3:48 PM by R Neil Haugen

pinnacle studio 15 project

robe11

Is it possible to open pinnacle studo 15 project in premiere pro cs6?

• 1. Re: pinnacle studio 15 project
          Harm Millaard Level 7

If you did try and it did not work, then no. If you did not try, then no as well.

• 2. Re: pinnacle studio 15 project
            alanseisen

That's such a negative way to answer a simple question.

• 3. Re: pinnacle studio 15 project
              R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hmmm ... you went clear back to a thread from June of 2012, just to post a comment critical of an answer? Guess I don't get it.

And Harm's answer was rather direct, but ... this is realistically a program and forum designed for perhaps a bit more experienced crowd than say those who use Elements, a very different Adobe program. Many of the people who do a LOT of helping out around here (all volunteers like Harm and myself) do have an expectation that before asking a question, one might just ... try testing for themselves.

Especially with a query that could have been answered very fast with a quick test. Or probably a simple web search.

I've answered a lot of questions here by doing a few seconds to make a web search, and posting the answer back to the OP while noting that even though I did answer their question, they could have found the answer themselves far faster than waiting for someone else here to look it up.

And at the same time ... I and many others here are quite happy to go into some detail for queries that really have some puzzlement factor to a noob or even experienced user ... and there are a lot of issues like that with PrPro.

Personally, thank you for bringing this post up, however. I think that's a great answer ... for certain situations ... and may just use it myself.

Btw ... Harm got all those green bars by being one of the most knowledgeable, helpful, and gentlemanly people this forum has ever had.

Neil

• 4. Re: pinnacle studio 15 project
                Stefan Gruenwedel Adobe Employee

Harm's answer is actually quite funny, when you think about it. However, the OP's question could have been a pre-sales question. In other words, "I am thinking of buying CS6 but before doing so, I need to know if I will be able to open my existing Pinnacle Studio 15 projects. If there are difficult conversion hoops to jump through, please let me know. I've tried to look this up but I'm not finding the answer I need, so that's why I'm posting my question here." Given that question, one might have expected a more helpful answer.

• 5. Re: pinnacle studio 15 project
                  R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

True ... and I was aware of that possibility. Especially if one was on the CS versions, that wasn't always an easy thing to figure out. You couldn't always just download a trial copy and test something.

But yea, Harm's answer did have a certain curmudgeon's humor about it ...

Neil