6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 2:35 PM by Manish-Sharma

CS6 trial activation without Internet access?

TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

Is there any way to use the CS6 trial (which I've just downloaded)

without accessing the Internet? Right now I'm stuck on the sign-in page.

Thank you,

Ariel

• 1. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

None I know of.

Bob

• 2. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?

Oh.

So if my work computer has no Internet access, that means I can't run

the CS6 trial on it?

Also, does InDesign CS6 need to connect to the Internet every time it's

launched: (a) in trial mode; (b) once it's been given a serial number?

Thanks,

Ariel

• 3. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You need to have an Adobe ID in order install and activate the software.

Once you’ve done that, no, you don’t need an internet connection full time.

Bob

• 4. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

This is all tied in with the Creative Cloud. Is there still a skipt this step button for the Adobe ID? probably too late, of course, to change that option.

As far as I know, once activated there is no need to have an active connection to run CS6 on a "perpetual" license. Creative Cloud installations are going to want to phone home every thirty days, and I'v eseen some reports on other forums of users finding that their CC installs want chck in every time they launch, and casue problems if they don't have access.

• 5. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?

Interesting. Still, I imagine quite a few people do not have Internet on

their work computer. I wonder what they're supposed to do.

I've uninstalled the trial meanwhile, until such time as I sort out this

issue on my work computer.

Thanks,

Ariel

• 6. Re: CS6 trial activation without Internet access?
                    Manish-Sharma Employee Moderator

When installing  the trial it is not mandate to have the internet connection.

While installing the software , it ask for the EULA , after which Installer detects the Internet connection if  your computer is connected to internet then it will ask for your "Sign In " but if your computer is not connected to the Internet it skips this part and take you the installation page directly. It is by design for the installer.

Are you certain that you are not connected to the Internet at all , If possibel remove the network cable and then check.

Also , Peter is right that the perpetual license is activated once however the CCM will check the activation when it has to renew the CCM i.e every month similar to subscription thing that we had in CS5 and CS5.5.