5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 7:21 AM by amigotube

Pattern overlay lost when converting to editable text?

amigotube

Hey everyone.

I'm using CS5, PC.

I'm facing an issue I never faced before and I can't find a relevant answer for CS5. I did see an answer that is probably correct for CS3, but I hope its solves by now.

Try 1.

I imported a PSD as composition with merge layer styles.

I then go to a text layer, which I want to convert to an editable text layer. When I open the properties, no layer styles appear. (because I chose mergerd layer styles composition..)

The original PSD in photoshop has only a pattern overlay.

When I convert it to editable text, the pattern overlay disappears.

Try 2.

same importing settings.. go to the text layer...

Right click ->layer style -> convert to editable layer styles - - - > Patter overlay + Blending options appear in layers properties.

Second Right click -> convert to editable text - - - > pattern overlay disappears.

Try 3.

I imported a PSD as composition with editable layer styles.

I then go to a text layer, which I want to convert to an editable text layer. When I open the properties, 'Layer style' appears. can toggle on/off.

Right click -> convert to editable text - - - > pattern overlay disappears.

But -  'Layer style' still appears in the properties, and it's on. But now when I toggle on/off, nothing changes.. Pattern is gone..

Conclusion:

From this I get to the conclusion, that I cannot convert a text layer which has a pattern overlay into editable text, and retain the pattern

I hope I'm wrong, and there is a way to retain the pattern.

Please let me know if you have a solution, or if you know for sure that my conclusion is correct..

Thanks is advanced!