10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 1:06 PM by DefconRhall RSS

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Firefox Plugin multiple problems on both XP and Vista

ThaPlayah Community Member

Hi there,

I saw a lot of discussions concerning problems with 64-bit systems. I however have 2 "normal" 32-bits systems. After working with flash player flawlessly for years my problems started after the update to the newest version a couple of days ago. The firefox plugin 11.3.300.257 gives multiple problems on both systems (XP and Vista)

1st system:

XP Pro 32-bits fully up to date incl. all service packs and updates. I have not much programms installed, just the important ones. Browser is firefox up to date to version 13.0. This laptop gave no trouble whatsoever untill the update to the newest flash player.

problems:

- slower browsing in firefox

- when playing music (youtube or random music site) and browsing at the same time the music hackles a lot. This does not happen in InternetExplorer on the same system, so it's not a bandwith related problem.

2nd system:

Vista Home Premium 32-bits fully up to date incl. all service packs and updates. I have not much programms installed, just the important ones. Browser is firefox up to date to version 13.0. This laptop gave no trouble whatsoever untill the update to the newest flash player. Note: freshly installed the complete laptop a couple of days ago, so there's no crap on it.

problems:

- slower browsing in firefox

- plugin container crashes sometimes (no pattern recognised yet)

- volume control wheel (the hardware one on the front of the laptop) doesn't work proper anymore. It sometimes stops working when trying to control the volume while browsing (eg. on youtube). I haven't recognised any pattern yet, it just stops sometimes... When I (left) mouseclick once on the software volume control mixer it starts working again. Like it had forgotten to work with firefox. Than it works for a while till it stops again. This wheel works proper AND ALWAYS with all other applications (eg. mediaplayer, vlc, etc)

Because everything worked fine and flawlessly untill the update and I haven't installed anything else on both systems I'm pretty sure it's the new flash player plugin which is corrupt. Now my need for help....What to do besides downgrading to an older version?

Reinstalling flash player (using uninstall tool) and firefox doesn't help on both systems. It seems that the compatibility just isn't there anymore.

Hope anyone can show me the way.

Thanks in advance,

Greetz