1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 4:16 AM by Apurva Udaykumar

Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5 - Configuration

aterrazasc

How I can configure Adobe Flash Media Server, to use only part of the bandwidth that I have assigned in my network? and How I can configure Adobe Flash Media Server, so that when viewing a video and pause the display, download the entire video, just as on Youtube?

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5 - Configuration
          Apurva Udaykumar Level 3

Hi,

1)  Currently you cannot restrict the bandwidth available at server level. However you can restrict the bandwith at application level.

Add the following tags under your Application.xml :

<Application>

<Client>

<Bandwidth>

<!-- Specified in bytes/sec -->

<ServerToClient>2500000</ServerToClient>   //Specifies the max bandwidth (in bytes/sec.) the server can use for sending data to the client.

<!-- Specified in bytes/sec -->

<ClientToServer>2500000</ClientToServer>   //Specifies the max bandwidth (in bytes/sec.) the client can use for sending data to the server.

</Bandwidth>

</Application>

2) I don't quite understand your second query, could you please elaborate? Are you having some problem with playback or buffering issues or something? In general if you use progressive download the player will request and buffer the whole media file, whereas with http streaming player requests fragments as and when required during playback.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Apurva