9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 9:08 AM by john worthington

Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help

necsv241

I m in advanced mode but can only see reconstruction as original? Thanx

• 1. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Good catch.

Looks like a fundamental reduction in functionality.  It was apparently a big task to get the Liquify filter re-coded to use GPU acceleration for Photoshop CS6.  Perhaps they just didn't have time to implement reconstruction modes other than Revert.

Can you describe how you used to use the other modes?

-Noel

• 2. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
            necsv241 Level 1

Thanx for your answer Noel, but do you mean it's not implemented !!!??!! I thought it was hidden somewhere; then it's a disaster for me and will need to get back to previous version.

I use mainly the propagation mode in order to avoid those distorted pixel looks, it works really fine if you don't touch a hard line (let's say you made smaller belly, when in reconstruct mode then you pass on belly and background but not on the line separating belly from background...) Hope it makes sense, hard for me to explain in handwritting ; )

I really hope these mode would be soon implemented back again, as I love this new cs6 but this function is essential to me or else I can't use the liquify tool

Adobe please listen !!

Thanks

• 3. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
              Noel Carboni Level 8

I don't claim to be an authority on what's hidden and what's not, but I sure couldn't find any of the other modes, and I poked around for a while after I saw your post.

Perhaps one of the Adobe folks will chime in here.

-Noel

• 4. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
                john worthington Adobe Employee

We simply ran out of schedule time to implement the extra Reconstruct modes. What is the "propagation mode"? What is it about the CS6 Reconstruct tool makes it unsuitable for your work? How could the current Reconstruct tool be modified to work for you? (Not making any promises here)

• 5. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
                  necsv241 Level 1

Hi jworthin

Thank you very much for your answer which sounds like a disaster to me, but it looks like there's still hopes ; )

I think you did an amazing job on cs6; I only have it since a couple of days but I really love it

So far the new saving method and autorecover is priceless.

I m not sure about propagation mode (mine is in french and that's how it's written in cs4) but I guess it's the smooth mode which i always used to partially correct some areas in order to avoid the pixel deplacement and stretch that makes your morphing so not pro...

The current reconstruct tool is only based on history, so let's say you want to make a girl pregnant and displace a lot her belly, then before I was using the reconstruct tool in smooth mode and would brush on the displaced belly to avoid those totally stretched pixels; now if I pass with current reconstruct what will appear is a hole whith the background or orignal belly...not sure i m very good at explanations and english is not my language...

Anyways I run a retouching studio and wanted to test cs6 before getting new licences; now the problem is I love it but can't use the liquify tool for a professionnal work without this reconstruct features so I really hope it will come back in an upgrade pleassssse !!!

Also I just found out something weird: when pressing F for full screen, color changes like it would be a different profile; the correct color being only shown in standard mode ??

This happens with a workstation of 3 screens based on windows7 64 pro but there's no problem with a mac on 1 screen ?

Thank you so much for your help

Best

Edit: concerning the full screen problem, I ve found out what's wrong or looks like a bug, it only happens if "graphic card acceleration" is clicked...

• 6. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help

necsv241, Please email me directly at notgnihtrow@yahoo.com to work out this problem.

• 7. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
                      bgoosen

So are there any plans to add this functionality back?  I find the reconstruct brush and reconstruct button absolutely essential when using liquify in professional retouching work.

I have CS6 at home, but at work we still use CS5, and I'm dreading losing this feature when they decide to upgrade.

To be clear: what I need is the ability to smooth out selective areas of the mesh that have been overstretched or stretched awkwardly without modifying areas of the rest of the mesh.

• 8. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help
                        conroy Level 5

There is a reconstruct brush in 13.0.5 - second tool down - Reconstruct Tool (R).

• 9. Re: Where are the reconstruct mode options from liquify in cs6?? please help

Due to popular demand a Smoothing Tool has been added to the left tool bar in advanced mode. In the previous version we managed to get the smoothing code in but did not have time for a proper user interface. In this older version you selected the Reconstruct Tool and pressed a modifier key to get smoothing instead of reconstruction.

So just to be clear:

Reconstruction simply moves pixels back to where they originally came from.

Smoothing makes the local warp the same as the warp around it. Essentially blurring the underlying distortion mesh by removing sharp mesh changes.

We greatly appreciate all your feedback even if it takes us a while to get it incorporated.