2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 5:35 PM by Chris Cox

CS2 Photoshop Crash

shannon3214

I am running CS2 on a mac.  Photoshop just started crashing for me.  All the other programs work fine.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  That did not help.  Any advice aside from buying an updated version?

Process:     Adobe Photoshop CS2 [15927]
      Path:        /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Adobe Photoshop CS2.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS2
      Identifier:  com.adobe.Photoshop
      Version:     9.0 (9.0x196) (9.0)
      Code Type:   PPC (Translated)

Parent Process:  launchd [87]

Date/Time:   2012-06-12 18:07:29.398 -0500
      OS Version:  Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:      89483 sec
      Crashes Since Last Report:       5

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  896 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000024251b4

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

• 1. Re: CS2 Photoshop Crash
          Noel Carboni Level 8

If it was once working, and it still CAN work (i.e., you haven't upgraded your OS to the point where PowerPC code is no longer supported), then one thing you can try is to clear Photoshop's preferences.  This involves pressing and holding the Command - Option - Shift key combination during a cold start of Photoshop.  You have to be quick to get the keys down, and if you're fast enough it will prompt you to confirm deletion of the preferences - which will subsequently lead to all-default preferences being created.

-Noel

• 2. Re: CS2 Photoshop Crash
            Level 7

You're running in Rosetta emulation, and Apple has stopped supporting Rosetta (dropping it completely in 10.7).

Your best bet is to upgrade to a recent version of Photoshop that runs Intel native code.