2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 6:46 AM by brentjohnson45

m2ts file no audio when imported.

brentjohnson45

ok this is wierd exactly yesterday , i wasnt having a problem importing my avchd file (m2ts) from my HD pvr to ae cs6 , the file had audio and I had no problems rendering it, then all the sudden today when i imported my m2ts file it had no audio showing up or "waveform" so when i rendered it i also checked audio format under outputmodule and rendered it to mp4 and then when i was done there was no sound ! . So i tried importing an mp4 file and it had audio and no problems rendering. Im extremly confused on why this is happening i need help badly!!!!

I forgot to mention when I open the AVCHD file in Windows media player its plays with sound which makes no sense so it should play with sound in After Effects!

• 1. Re: m2ts file no audio when imported.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

in Windows media player its plays with sound which makes no sense so it should play with sound in After Effects!

The channels could be multiplexed in the oddest ways and AE simply not be able to decode them. They are not AVCHD files to begin with. Satellite/ cable TV transport streams are a whole different thing, even if they are MPEG-2/ MPEG-4 derivatives. If a TV station uses a different spec than another one, it's well possible that one may work just fine and the otehr not. You'll have to live with it and familiarize yourself with ffmpeg based conversion tools like MPEGStreamclip or Handbrake to transcode such files to something AE will handle. if, on the otehr hand your file worked at some point, then do the usual: flush the media cache. These may simply be corrupted conform files then.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: m2ts file no audio when imported.
            brentjohnson45 Level 1

okay i understand where your coming from, its just confusing because it was working fine a few days ago. ill try clearing the media cache and see what happens, thank you.