8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 5:18 PM by Johnrh76

footage blowup on import

Johnrh76 Level 1

I have to reimport chunks of rendered footage to render my whole project. And when I reimport, the peices become really big and I have to shrink them down. It seems like the shrinking process warps them a bit. they look a bit like a fisheye lens. not bad if I leve them a touch big, but I wonder if anyone knows how to avoid or why it happens?

• 1. Re: footage blowup on import
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• 2. Re: footage blowup on import
            Johnrh76 Level 1

As I posted before, there is a polite way to say things, and a condescending power tripping way to say them. I thought it was fairly clear,but sorry I will reexplain. My whole project will not render on its own. I need to export in chunks, then reimport them and export them as a whole. When I reimport the chunks, they show up on the timeline where I need to tak them down from 100% size to 67-57 size to see the whole frame, when I resize them, they look a bit warped, unless I make them slightlybiger than the frame size and lose a tiny bit of picture

• 3. Re: footage blowup on import
              Jim_Simon Level 8

there is a polite way to say things, and a condescending power tripping way to say them.

And you find that a 'polite' method of eliciting my time and energy on this issue?

• 4. Re: footage blowup on import
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How about information on what you are originally editing, what you export to, and does that match your sequence when you re-import?

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provided the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

• 5. Re: footage blowup on import
                  Johnrh76 Level 1

I'm illustrating a point, and I think that is a fair and polite thing to do. Its very simple, editing problems are frustrating from the beginning, and the last thing you need is someone talking to you from an intellectual pedestal and trying to make your post not seem valid, in a way that is clearly to furnish their own ego. This is a site for help, not for lording over people with supposed knowledge. And if we can do that, we have a great site.

• 6. Re: footage blowup on import
                    Johnrh76 Level 1

I am exporting on the standard h264 settings, but i beleive the problem happens with mpeg2 as well. I'm wondering what you mean by "does it match your sequence when you reimport"

I'm using PP 5.5, and windows.

• 7. Re: footage blowup on import
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, where I believe John T. is coming from is:

You have a Sequence initially, that matches your Source Footage. You edit that, and then output to an AV file, with certain parameters. Then, you are Importing and using that output file in a new Project/Sequence. Does that Sequence match your output file?

If not, then it could be two problems:

You did not output to the correct specs., or you chose a New Sequence, that did not match that output file.

If I missed something, then John T. will surely correct me.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - If you are outputting files, that will be intermediates, i.e. used in other programs, or in another Project, then H.264 might not be the ideal choice. Perhaps one of the Lossless CODEC's, like Lagarith, or UT, would be a better choice. Along those lines, if you can give us the complete specs. of your initial Source Footage, and then how you plan on editing that output file, someone might have a better workflow for you.

• 8. Re: footage blowup on import
                        Johnrh76 Level 1

Ok, when you say match, you mean match the file type? I start a brand new project to import into, and the original file types are multiple kinds including HD 720p down to internet clips. I'll give a try to importing into my original project, if it seems the files themselves have different parameters based on what is in them. I used h264 bcuz mpeg2 had moving lines that showed up occasionally that h264 almost had none of. But eventually converting to a dvd to play in a player.