5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 11:53 PM by Audacious Reader

Activating Adobe Digital Editions

Audacious Reader

When I try to activate Digital Editions, I receive an "E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED" error message. My time, date, and time zone is correct. What should I do? Please advise. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Activating Adobe Digital Editions
          Jim D Alexander

I'm receiving same error.  Really frustrating.  If you here of a resolution,  please post.

• 2. Re: Activating Adobe Digital Editions
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Sigh!

Let's start by saying that you don't 'activate' Digital Editions - you

install it.  And when you install Digital Editions, you don't have to worry

about time and date.

The message you're getting can relate to a couple of things.  If you're

trying to download a library ebook, Digital Editions compares the

information the library puts into its record concerning the loan to the

current time and date on your computer.  If the library did not reset this

information from a previous loan, then you'll get the message.  If you're

trying to download a purchased or free ebook that you tried or did before,

then the same thing can happen, just for a slightly different, but similar

reason: ebooksellers or distributors will time stamp the purchase or

download.

Check your computer's settings AND your ereader's and make sure that they

are the same time, date and time zone.  Then, if you are positively,

absolutely sure they're right (and it turns out that they are), contact the

ebook source and tell them the problem you're having with their ebook(s).

==============

• 3. Re: Activating Adobe Digital Editions
              Audacious Reader Level 1

I cannot download an eBook without activating Digital Editions. I am not trying to download an eBook or purchase an eBook. All I want to do is activate Digital Editions so that I can use it in future. I have checked my computer's settings and it is correct. I am not using my eReader with Digital Editions since its a Kindle. I get the message when I try to authorize my computer.

• 4. Re: Activating Adobe Digital Editions
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Terminology will be the undoing of the universe some day.

My only other 'guess' is that you downloaded Digital Editions without

registering on the Adobe website and obtaining an Adobe ID.  Let's start

there....

================

• 5. Re: Activating Adobe Digital Editions
                  Audacious Reader Level 1

I registered and obtained the Adobe ID before downloading and installing Digital Editions.