Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 Create Projector on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I've tried to create a projector for swf on Windows but noticed the Create Projector option was grayed out. I've tried both the default projector and projector debugger for Flash Player 11.3 on Windows XP, 7 32bit and 7 64bit and with newer swf files using the Molehill API and older ones (compiled for Flash Player 9), but with no luck. On osx everything works fine.

Has anyone managed to export a projector exe with Flash Player 11.3 on Windows ?

If so, how ? Any hints/tips are helpful !

Thanks,

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody is having this problem, yet all the feedback I see from adobe is 'we don't have this problem.'

This is exceptionally irritating. And I can't get any older versions of flash player to install so I can create projectors while adobe pulls their finger out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not so sure if adobe did it purposely or it is a bug. Anyway I published a bug report for it. Please vote for it and let other people know to vote for it or they will just ignore it. Its really annoying that I cannot create projectors out of my flash develop swfs u_u'

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3222038

All the best ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well with the Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 standalone player for Windows that is downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html.

My work around was to use a previous version of the standalone player.

You can get an archived version of Adobe Flash Player plugins (Firefox, Opera) , ActiveX (Internet Explorer), debugger, or standalone player by going to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html.

I used version the 11.2.202.235 download from 5/04/2012 without any problems.

Just download the entire ZIP file, extract it's contents, and find "flashplayer11_2r202_235_win_sa_32bit.exe".

It sticks that you have to download a ~160MB ZIP file to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

This is quite a handy workaround until Adobe decide to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pleasure

mark the post as "helpful" and MAYBE (a guy can hope) Adobe will "see" the issue better and fix it in the next release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work with the new apis they pushed in flash 11.3? such al RELEASE_OUTSIDE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer to that question.

However, I would make the educated guess that the answer is "no" if the APIs were released with a specific build of Adobe Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Create Projector" option is broken as of Flash Player version 11.3 and is continued in version 11.4 and 11.5. I've filed a bug in Adobe's bug base. Please go there to Bug #3363321 and give it a vote so this bug gets fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ute! I've added my vote. I hope there will enough votes to get this issue solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this a bit of an old thread, but this is still very contemporary to
me. I upgraded to Creative Cloud and on my 32 bit computer the Flash
Professional CS6 only loaded (on my 64 bit computer, the Flash
Professional CC loaded). Unfortunately with the Flash Professional CS6 download
came the Flash Player version 11 and the 'create projector' command greyed out.

I uninstalled the Flash Player 11 from the Flash Professional CS6 file and
installed the Flash Player 10.3 onto my computer. Unfortunately I can't seem to
open SWF files with the Flash Player 10.3 because my 'Open With' menu won't
recognize that I have downloaded the Flash Player 10.3 on my computer, even
though the Find Flash Player adobe website acknowledges that the Flash Player
10.3 is on my computer.

Please please, is there any solution to this?

Yes I know that Flash Pro CC has a command of creating a projector, but most
of my InDesign documents that I built were on my 32 bit computer in InDesign
CS5 and for the sake of simplicity I would like to finish the project on my 32
bit computer.

I’m at the end of my tether and have wasted a whole day on
this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always the option to target Air instead of Flash and self contain your application either as an app (for Android) or as an exe (for Windows).

Since AIRs AS3 is basically nothing else than a superset of Flashs AS3 this should in most cases be possible with no coderewrites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mochamaximum for the prompt reply. I'll give it try.

Any other solutions on offer?

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I´m understanding you right you publish from Indesign to swf and the goal is for the swfs to be able to play on computers that do not have flash installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. I make interactive English language textbooks in Asia, where the teacher's own grasp of the target language is not the best. I create the printed text in AIDesign and the interactive program is initially created in AIDesign, exported to SWF. The teachers also have very little technical grasp, so they operate the interactive version from a computer, via a projector to the whole class.

Therefore it's essential, for simplicity's sake, that the interactive version on the computer is packaged SWF Projector form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe officially canceled the Projector functionality in FlashCC, you shoud look into making your own AIR-based Projector/swfLoader.

This can be done with <20 LOC.

For a tutorial how to use AIR as a swf-Loader Framework:

Packaging and loading multiple SWFs in AIR apps on iOS

The iOS PArt is maybe not so relevant for you, but the basics on PC are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Mochamax. I'll give it a good look over tonight, although with my initial scan, it seems a little too technical for me.

Thanks Again.

Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines