Kona 3 card

Kona driver 10.3.1

Adobe utilities for Kona 10.3.0

Quadro 4000 graphics card

Video drive Apple XServe raid

plus 2 TB G-raid & 3, 2 TB internal 7200 RPM drives

OS 10.7.4

CS6.0.1.31

So I've been dealing with this issue since I downloded and started using the Kona 3 drivers with PPCS6.0.1

Often when I start my computer after shutting down the night before and restart premier in the same project I left that was working fine.  I get broken audio in playback.  When I check my computer system audio in and out preferences they have mysteriously switched back to Kona, which is what is causing the problem. 

I attempt to switch them back to line in and line out, close preferneces and then reopen and that switch has not taken and they're back to Kona.

I repair permissions and restart and make the change again...sometimes when I do this I get a Kernal panic, so need to shut down and start again.  Someties this will fix the issue for today, sometimes not.  Today after the kernal panic, everything seems to be working properly.

This is a little anoying and is a 15 to 20 minute excercise each morning.  Sure I could leave my machine on all night, but I'd sure appreciate anyone's ideas on how to solve this continuing issue.

I turned in a bug report today, since I believe it is indeed a bug somewhere.

Thx...Jim Watt

• 1. Re: Continuing audio issues using Kona card
          jwffvm Level 1

I found a post in the apple forum that solved this issue...

If you are having problems with your "default output" sound in Snow Leopard, try the following...

Go to your hard drive (root level), and open the Library folder. Then open the Preferences folder, and open the Audio folder.

Delete the two preference files contained in the Audio folder:

- com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist

- com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist

Reboot your mac, and hopefully your problems will be solved.

This solution worked for me, and hopefully it will for you too.