Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 Install issue with SCCM

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using SCCM (Currently 2007 R3) to install Flash at my orginization for several years.  Always setup the same way and always worked.  Until now.

I create a distribution, set the install to be `msiexec /i install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi /qn`, create an advertisement, assign it to a collection, and wait.

On my two test boxes (One Windows 7 fully patches and one Windows XP fully patched) I get the same error.

Windows Installer per-user elevation of this program ("010004B5" - "Install Flash") failed for advertisement "01022398".This program was started. Please check the status of this program to determine whether or not it was completed sucessfully Possible causes: The version of Windows Installer on the computer is less than version 2.0, or the setup program does not support Windows Installer per-user elevated rights installations. Possible solutions: Update the version of Windows Installer on the computer to version 2.0 or later, or contact the software vendor that supplied the install program to determine if a version of setup that supports per-user elevated rights is available.

The program does not run and Flash is not installed.

I know windows installer is fine so It has to be the msi. 

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks,

-eddy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Hi Eddy,

I've seen that in SCCM when the name of the msi was simply wrong.

Hasn't that changed with the new Flash version to install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi (without the _32bit)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddy,

I haven't seen this error before.  Could you post your msi log and I'll foward this along to our installer folks to see if they have any input.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cris,

I modified my install to be `msiexec /i install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi /qn /L+* "C:\foo\flash.log"` and gave it another run.

The good news is that it made the flash.log.  The bad news is that it is empty.  I'm going to try again with the x and v extra logging.

I'll let you know.

Thanks,

-eddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddy,

I've seen that in SCCM when the name of the msi was simply wrong.

Hasn't that changed with the new Flash version to install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi (without the _32bit)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch, I totally missed that.    Thanks for your help!

-eddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines