4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 8:51 AM by adobe@eddys.net

Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 Install issue with SCCM

adobe@eddys.net

Hello,

I've been using SCCM (Currently 2007 R3) to install Flash at my orginization for several years.  Always setup the same way and always worked.  Until now.

I create a distribution, set the install to be `msiexec /i install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi /qn`, create an advertisement, assign it to a collection, and wait.

On my two test boxes (One Windows 7 fully patches and one Windows XP fully patched) I get the same error.

Windows Installer per-user elevation of this program ("010004B5" - "Install Flash") failed for advertisement "01022398".This program was started. Please check the status of this program to determine whether or not it was completed sucessfully Possible causes: The version of Windows Installer on the computer is less than version 2.0, or the setup program does not support Windows Installer per-user elevated rights installations. Possible solutions: Update the version of Windows Installer on the computer to version 2.0 or later, or contact the software vendor that supplied the install program to determine if a version of setup that supports per-user elevated rights is available.

The program does not run and Flash is not installed.

I know windows installer is fine so It has to be the msi. 

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks,

-eddy