3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 8:33 PM by Mylenium

After Effects Hangs on Initializing Media Core and Only Uses .40 GB or RAM

Jeremiah1119

I actually have either 2 separate issues or one that effects both. The fist one is that once After Effects loads, I generally can't RAM preview for 1080p quality, and about 6-20 frames for 720p, depending on if I get lucky or not. I went into Memory and Multiprocessing in the preference and no matter what I set the RAM per CPU to, the Actual CPUs that will be used is always 0, so then I go to details and it says "Installed RAM: 11.99 GB." "Current RAM Usage: .28 GB" "Allowed RAM Usage: .40GB." Whenever I render a video it always uses up to 3% or 4% of my RAM but never any higher.

And the second problem...

Whenever I start After Effects CS6 (and it happened in CS5.5) Trials it hangs on Initializing Media Core, for about 5 minutes, then it says Quicktime isn't installed. To fix that problem I have tried everything I could find in the 30+ hours I have spent on that problem. Turning off all firewalls, anti-virus, etc, updating, reinstalling, and everything in between. (Also I see dynamiclinkmanager.exe and  AfterFX.exe but not QT32.exe or PProHeadless.exe which need to be allowed through firewalls and such)

I'm using After Effects CS6

Windows 7 64-bit

12 GB of RAM

Quicktime 7.7.2 and Itunes 10.6.3.25  Any ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks! ^.^

Screen shot of .40GB RAM.png