1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 2:51 PM by 33 Steps

Converting CS3 to CS5 with hyperlinks

33 Steps Level 2

Running Mac Pro/2.66 GHz—Quad-Core Intel Xeon/Snow Leopard

OS/Mac OS X Version 10.6.2/2.66 GHz

With the latest updates for the Creative Suites

I am converting a InDesign CS 3 document to InDesign CS5 (end result will be InDesign CS6), this document uses hyperlinks to TOC and the Index.

I have tried steps below but when I open from any conversion below in InDesign CS5 it opens without the hyperlinks.

1. Open InDesign CS3 .indd directly in InDesign CS5 hyperlinks have disappeared.

2. Export InDesign CS3 to .inx / Open .inx in InDesign CS5 hyperlinks have disappeared.

3. Export InDesign CS3 to .inx / Open .inx in InDesign CS4 / Export CS4 to .idml / Open .idml in InDesign CS5 hyperlinks have disappeared.

4. Export InDesign CS3 to .inx / Open .inx in InDesign CS4 / Export CS4 to .idml / Open .idml in InDesign CS4 / Export CS4 to .idml / Open .idml in InDesign CS5  hyperlinks have disappeared.

I just don't understand in CS3 & CS4 hyperlinks are showing but when I open the converted files in CS5 the hyperlinks disappear.

• 1. Re: Converting CS3 to CS5 with hyperlinks
          33 Steps Level 2

Solution:

Opened converted InDesign CS4 .idml in InDesign CS6 and all hyperlinks are OK.

Now I need another script for "updatedcrossrefs" for InDesign CS6.

Thank you Peter for your suggestions, and to anyone who may have tried to solve.

I am now off to the InDesign Scripting form to check on that script.