0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2008 1:54 PM by JUNKHED

Need alot of help with this question.

JUNKHED
      Hi I have a movie clip called menu_mc which when you rollover it , it slides out from the left side of my movie displaying links which I want to use to open new pages in the center of the page. Now I also have an invisible button which takes up the stage so that when you move over the stage area the movieclip slips back to the left side. The hidden button is called hidden_mc. What I want to do is when I click any one of the links(which is embedded in the menu_mc Clip )on the movieclip- the window slides back so that the new page can open up without seeing the sliding menu and links.

Ultimately I want to have sublinks open for the links that I click on so I need the sliding menu to not open after I click on a link.
      Here is the code i have on my timeline currently
      hidden_btn._alpha = 0;
      import mx.transitions.Tween;
      import mx.transitions.easing.*;
      var rolled_up = menu_mc._x;
      var rolled_out = 0;
      function slide_out () {
      current_x = menu_mc._x;
      var anim:Tween = new Tween (menu_mc, "_x", Strong.easeOut, current_x, rolled_out, 1, true);
      }
      function slide_in () {
      current_x = menu_mc._x;
      var anim:Tween = new Tween (menu_mc, "_x", Back.easeOut, current_x, rolled_up, 1, true);
      }
      menu_mc.menu_bg_mc.onRollOver = function () {
      slide_out ();
      };
      hidden_btn.onRollOver = function () {
      slide_in ();
      };
      menu_mc.my1_btn.onRelease = function () {
      images_mc.gotoAndStop (1);
      };
      menu_mc.my2_btn.onRelease = function () {
      images_mc.gotoAndStop (2);
      };
      menu_mc.my3_btn.onRelease = function () {
      images_mc.gotoAndStop (3);
      };
      function slide_out () {
      current_x = menu_mc._x;
      var anim:Tween = new Tween (menu_mc, "_x", Strong.easeOut, current_x, rolled_out, 1, true);
      hidden_btn._x = 0;
      menu_mc.menu_bg_mc.enabled = false;
      }
      function slide_in () {
      current_x = menu_mc._x;
      var anim:Tween = new Tween (menu_mc, "_x", Back.easeOut, current_x, rolled_up, 1, true);
      hidden_btn._x = -1000000;
      menu_mc.menu_bg_mc.enabled = true;
      }
      What would I use as a script to put on my links(buttons) to make the sliding window close, the same way rolling over the hidden button does?
      Thanks very much.