4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 4:24 PM by Sham HC

Adding in RSS feed into CQ5.4 template?

webdevman123

We need to add in an external rss feed into our template within CQ5.4.
      Is there a built in RSS feed reader to access like Magpie? I do see the rss feed creator component but this is for creating rss feed from the pages content.

• 1. Re: Adding in RSS feed into CQ5.4 template?
          Sham HC Level 7

Hi,

Could you please eloborate more on query.   What Magpie are you referring? Any sample rss url you are reffeing. 

In case you are looking to import content from external sources into your repository. The cq feed importer might help which poll a remote resource at a specified interval, to parse it, and to create nodes in the content repository that represent the content of the remote resource.  One sample at [1].

[1] [removed @ request of poster] Other Blogs by using Feeds

Thanks,

Sham

• 2. Re: Adding in RSS feed into CQ5.4 template?
            webdevman123 Level 1

Hello Sham,

Is there any way to import a blog feed into a cq5.4 template other than the blog template?

I noticed in the below documentation it only mentions the blog template.

I am trying to import an external rss blog feed into the main content section of a detailed page.

Is this possible using the feed importer?

I have tried doing this but wondered if there was already a base script within cq5 which would parse the feed on that page like the blog template is obviously using.

Or if I needed to bring in my own rss feed parser to do that job?

This is the external feed I am trying to parse into the main content section of the default detail page template - http://online.barrons.com/xml/rss/3_7523.xml

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Adding in RSS feed into CQ5.4 template?
              Ryan Lunka Level 3

How are you trying to render the RSS feed?  Is it like some newsfeed that is built into your page component (template is not entirely the correct term)?  You'll probably have to just use some API out there for rendering an RSS feed, probably client-side.  I've used the Google Feed API before to build an RSS component for CQ, which worked pretty well.

https://developers.google.com/feed/

• 4. Re: Adding in RSS feed into CQ5.4 template?
                Sham HC Level 7

AFAIK it is not available. You need to brink in your own like rome or google feed....