• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257.exe

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firefox 13 windows 7, FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257.exe shows four of these are running in task manager

on task bar there is an icon that is flash with more than 10 of the program running. only shows up when running firefox and gets longer and longer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flash player shows 2 of them and eats 50% of the memory on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using Firefox 14, Windows 7 home edition 64-bit. It shows 2 instances of Flash player running, and prevents Firefox from closing (i.e. appears to have closed but shows in Task Manager that process is still running). Also when the original instance of Firefox is running, the Adobe Flash Player begins to slow e.g. when playing online poker, the cards become jerky, eventually not upadting the screen until the hand has been played. Running the Flash Player appears to prevent Firefox opening New Firefox Windows (new tabs are fine). If I run Firefox with add-ins disabled it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop Using Firefox.

I was using Firefox since 2.0 and I even used Netscape before many years.. and til FF 3.5 it was the best Browser ever.. At FF 4 it started to get many trouble.. RAM overflow, bugs and more more more more.. even the Synch is bullshit, what is this "Synch Key" for!? Secuirty?!

Really.. before 2-3 Weeks I still was refusing to change the browser.. IE9/10/11 ? Holy Sh** NO! .. Opera? Mhm.. no 😕  ... Safari? xD No no I am "thinking normal".. ( all of these Browser are still better than FF )  hmm Chrome? .. I dont know..

My friend keep trying to change me since years.. and after I got my new ultra Hardcore PC.. I installed Chrome .. not FF.. and.. Wow.. You just Log-In whereever you want and BAM.. the best browser ever.. Speed, Compatiibilty, AddOns.. everything is better!

That is no "PC IS BETTER THAN MAC" or "FIREFOX FOR EVER" fight.. I really used every Browser and I was a FF fan since ~1 month 😕

And now.. FF Ultra Bug with Flash.. After I saw "adobeflashplayer_11_300.exe" I was like "Wtf? Are you kidding me? Why not 'Makes your PC Faster.exe' or 'Trust me I am no virus.exe.msi' ? "

Really try Chrome for 2 Weeks.. just 2 weeks.. and change your live 😕 .. R.i.p Firefox... I will always remember you!

P.S. This Post is completly Professionellfree. Means non of this content represents my competens or professionell. If I lost it in your eyes, I am sorry about it, but can you even imagine how to lost the trust to something you live many years with? Even it's just a software, I had great moments and learned so much in this years with FF, without this time, I never would come to the place I am now.

Kind Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, Chrome is the best stability wise. I haven't had a problem with it rarely. It does crash but not as much as Firefox.

Firefox seems stable now since I upgraded to Firefox 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should see two FlashPlayer_11_3_300_257.exe processes.  This is how Protected Mode in Firefox works.  It does *not* double memory usage.  One process is the broker, which is really small and is basically used to pass messages back and forth to the low-integrity Flash Player process.  The low-integrity process doesn't have permission to do much, but does all of the heavy lifting in terms of processing the content you see on the web.  If malicious content is able to crash and take control of the Flash Player process, it can't really do anything with it, because it's running with low permissions.

You can read more about what Protected Mode is, and how it works here: http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html

If you haven't upgraded to Firefox 13.0.1, please do that.  It fixes a bug around how Firefox was shutting the Flash Player process down that was new to Firefox 13. 

It sounds like Flash Player or Firefox crashed, and you restarted but the crashed Flash Player process didn't exit.  There's probably still a tab open that's trying to spawn new Flash Players (like a page that rotates in multiple animations) and you're seeing the subsequent crashes pile up on the taskbar.

Exiting Firefox, and killing any stray plugin-container.exe or FlashPlayer processes through Task Manager should clean that up (although opening the same exact tabs on restore will probably lead to the same result).

We'd be very interested in reproducing the crash that you're encountering.  It's probably just one of your open tabs that's actually crashing.  If you do see a website that reproduces it consistently, we'd be very interested in taking a look.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen the crashes pile up on the taskbar in a few days, if I see it again I will post what website(s) it was happening from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I believe that Firefox 13.0.1 resolves this, but if you do continue to see it, please let us know.  We'll definitely want to take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For users continuing to run into stability problems with Firefox, we've just released a new version of Windows Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other browsers.  Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

6/21/2012 - Windows Flash Player Update

Download here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines