2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 10:01 PM by adninjastrator

Flash not working

I updated my Flash this morning and now I can't watch any videos and some adds are blank white. When I go to Youtube the video player is the embbeded kind(not the one I should be getting) and whenever I hit play it just gives me an error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled like 500 times and tried all sorts of things people suggested.. like real player fixes ect. but nothing has worked.. please help me

• 1. Re: Flash not working
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this might be an issue with your Flash Player then you should try posting in the Flash Player forum:

• 2. Re: Flash not working
            adninjastrator Level 4

I updated my Flash this morning

Owww... just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

So you updated your browser pluggin?... not the actual Flash program?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled like 500 times

You uninstalled the actual Flash program? or the browser pluggin?

Remember that it's NOT the Flash program that displays Flash from Internet Web sites, it's your Web browser pluggin. ... and each browser needs to have it's own pluggin... using whichever version the particular Flash <object> requires.

View the current browser pluggin version by browser main menu... then "Tools", then "Add-ons" or "Manage Add-ons", depending on which browser you are using.

You may be expecting that reinstalling the Flash program has something to do with the Web browser behavior... it does not. They are separate.

Best wishes,