3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2008 2:12 PM by Newsgroup_User

Quit button

cupRamen
      I would like to create a quit button in director using lingo, i already know how to quit but i would like for director to prompt me with an alert that says do i really want to quit. So that when i press yes its quits or if i press no it doesn't. I have been trying to find a way to do this on the help section but i cannot come up with an answer, any help would be appreciated
        • 1. Re: Quit button
          Level 7
          The easiest way (probably) is to use Buddy API (baMsgBox function) which
          allows you to present a Yes/No dialog box (and several others as well).

It's still free to use 2 functions, but once you see everything it does,
          you'll likely want to buy it.

http://www.mods.com.au/budapi/

cupRamen wrote:
          > I would like to create a quit button in director using lingo, i already know
          > how to quit but i would like for director to prompt me with an alert that says
          > do i really want to quit. So that when i press yes its quits or if i press no
          > it doesn't. I have been trying to find a way to do this on the help section but
          > i cannot come up with an answer, any help would be appreciated
          >
          • 2. Re: Quit button
            Level 7
            > The easiest way (probably) is to use Buddy API (baMsgBox function) which
            > allows you to present a Yes/No dialog box (and several others as well).
            >
            > It's still free to use 2 functions, but once you see everything it does,
            > you'll likely want to buy it.
            >
            > http://www.mods.com.au/budapi/

Of course, you can also just make your own messageBox with buttons that
            appears when you want to. Just need a graphic for the backdrop and a couple
            buttons, the "No" button scripted to make the messageBox go away and the
            "Yes" button with a "halt" command to quit the movie. (I always use "halt"
            instead of "quit" - the only difference is that in Authoring Mode, "quit"
            will attempt to quit Director, and not just stop playback. In a
            Projector/Shockwave, they're identical.) Not as clean as Buddy API, but if
            you don't want to use Xtras for some reason (or can't because you're in
            Shockwave), or you're already using 2 functions and haven't bought the full
            version, there are other ways around it. (I tend to save BuddyAPI for stuff
            I can't easily do some other way, even though I do have the full version.)

• 3. Re: Quit button
              Level 7
              You perhaps wnat to set the exitLock to TRUE and capture/intercept close
              requests with an 'on closeRequest' handler in a #movie script