6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 6:12 PM by Kevin-Monahan
      • 1. Re: What is the best render settings?
        Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Sorry, but really, that's an utterly pointless question. Just saying that something doesn't look the way you want it to is totally meaningless. We know nothing about your footage sources, what effects you use, your current output settings and a million other things. Additionally, there is no one all out "best setting". What's best is dictated by your target delivery platform/ media. Anyway, this can only up in endless discussions, so I sugeest you research the hundreds of existing threads here on the forum and do some generic reading up on CoDecs, compression, file formats and so on.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: What is the best render settings?
          MDM_Darkness Level 1

First off that was rude. second i was asking a simple question about what settings are best for HD play back or what are the most used setting for HD play back, seeing as you have not asnwered my question your reply was "utterly pointless". to me as i have looked around on the internet for this information already and everyone use's diffrent setting's and you do not need to know what is being made in after effects to know what settings you need their is only about 7-8 diffrent HD setting in after effects im looking for the best one in that group in genral. As for the footage everything was made in after effects its self.

• 3. Re: What is the best render settings?

Again, you are completely missing the point. As I said, there is no single best setting. If there was, a web search would have given you a straight answer and since it hasn't, you could simply conclude that it's really that complicated. It all depends on what you plan to do with your footage. Uploading to YouTube has different requirements to burniung it to BluRay or playing it back on your own machine and things like resolution and framerates do matter since they influence the data rates of compressed footage and thus the quality. You have not said anything about any of that, so we're still not any inch closer to understanding your requirements and that is that. Really, if you wan't help rather than complaining about me being cranky at 4.30 in the morning after only 3 hours sleep then provide that info...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: What is the best render settings?
              MDM_Darkness Level 1

Right now everything is for personal Play back on my laptop, frame rate 29.97 and if you could recommend a size for the comp that would be good . The kind of things I am doing right now are just logos not real footage only pictures some times but most of the time everything is created within after effects I just want the play back to be as close to Hd as possible thank you

• 5. Re: What is the best render settings?

If you sut want to play it back on your laptop, then use you operating systems native/ best supported format - Windows Media on Windows or Quicktime/ H.264 on Mac. If you use alternative media players like VLC, H.264 is usually a sure bet. Simply choose the "High Quality" presets in teh output module presets provided by Adobe and with growing experinece learn how to adjust data rates and optimize your output. For the resolution choose whatever you deem suitable, just keep in mind that compressed output formats may impose limits and constrain resolutions, so odd formats and aspects ratios may not always work. Therefore it's best to work with standard resolutions for HD, 1920x1080, square pixels, if your system can handle it. It's easy enough to switch your media player to full screen mode then and the advantage is that you can always scale down to produce otehr formats. Standard resolutions also allow better playback, since media players have optimized routines for them.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful