Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting my scripts in a menu

Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

From the very limted info in the FrameMaker Scripting Guide, I have not yet been able to figure out how to make my scripts callable via a menu. I can add the menus, but when the commands are selected nothing happens. The example in the docs show a callback function Command that supposedly picks up the command number and can then call a script. But how and where should that function be activated to become effective ? There is no info on this in the Guide other than referring to the equivalent API function in the FDK. But that does not help scripters, does it ?

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance for useful pointers to info, working example scripts, etc.

Jang

P.S.: I do have the FDK documentation, which is slightly more elaborate. But I cannot find the method to define and intialize a client that FM knows about and can call back. No full examples in the documentation, unfortunately.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

By combining little snippets of information and running some tests, I figured out what the right method is, and it turned out to be really simple: you move the script binary (not sure if it has to be a binary, could also work with the uncompiled script) into the startup directory in the FM program folder. It gets executed by FM automatically. This seems to be a crucial piece of info that I would expect at the end of the page where an example of creating commands in menus and defining a callback

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By combining little snippets of information and running some tests, I figured out what the right method is, and it turned out to be really simple: you move the script binary (not sure if it has to be a binary, could also work with the uncompiled script) into the startup directory in the FM program folder. It gets executed by FM automatically. This seems to be a crucial piece of info that I would expect at the end of the page where an example of creating commands in menus and defining a callback is explained.

Ciao

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines