2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2008 9:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Retaining Ms Word formatting in text field capture

BackInBlack
      I have several forms that capture an extensive amount of personnel data and one of the fields we capture is a text field that will hold interview questions and resume details, references etc. The usual process is that people will receive the information as a word document, formatted, and then have to put the information into the system for that field from a cut and paste key stroke. Now all the data is stored in SQL Server 2005 database and is being stored in a Text field type without a problem.

The problem arises when I try to display the content on that field on some display templates. The formatting is lost and there are several characters that get replaced by ~ as well as little square boxes that are a special character that I can't identify.

Is there anything anyone can suggest on how to approach this problem? is it a coldfusion administrator issue, a server setup issue, does word have to be installed on the server that the applications run? is it a setting in SQl server. I was hoping someone has had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction.

Timeyo: timeyo@gmail.com for immediate response.