4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 5:32 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Every image is in a transform box

Sweetphotos72

I have CS5 and when I drag a photo into an existing page it is in a transform box. On CS4 when I did the same thing that only happended when I selected the image to resize. I like to move my items around and resize as I go.   Is there a way to do this in CS5?

• 1. Re: Every image is in a transform box
          Level 7

When you drag an image in, you're placing it as a smart object - so you have to commit the transform.

Yes, there is a preference "Place or Drag images as Smart Objects".

• 2. Re: Every image is in a transform box
            c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Like Mr.Cox pointed out: Photoshop > Preferences > General > Options > Place or Drag …

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Every image is in a transform box
              Sweetphotos72 Level 1

The problem I am having is that every single file I open looks like this.  Once I click transform (which I have to) the layer no longer allows me to click and edit the layer.  I like to re-size my images in relation to the multiple images I place on a document.  My previous version of photoshop did not create a transform box with each new file.  Does anyone know how can I adjust photoshop so that it doesn't do this. I am using CS5 on a PC.   photoshop transform issue.jpg

• 4. Re: Every image is in a transform box
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

If the controls still appear after you have unchecked the Preference could it be you have »Show Transform Controls« in the Options Bar for the Mobe Tool?

Could you post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible?

I like to re-size my images in relation to the multiple images I place on a document. 

If there is any chance of repeated transfromations then placing as Smart Objects may be a good idea for you after all.

Once I click transform (which I have to) the layer no longer allows me to click and edit the layer.

What do you mean by »edit« in this case?