4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 12:32 PM by the_wine_snob

DEBLUR FILTERS

Jeannie19

Where do you get the Deblur filter in CS6?  I saw a little tutorial on it and I was looking all around for it because I have a picture I want to unblur like in the tutorial.  And I could not find analyze or any of those things and I was in Essentials in CS6. 

• 1. Re: DEBLUR FILTERS
          Level 7

There is no deblur filter.

There was a technology demonstration of a something being researched that is quite a ways from being usable,but that's all.

We do not know when it will be ready for users, or what version it might eventually go into.

• 2. Re: DEBLUR FILTERS
            acresofgreen Level 4

Topazlabs has a filter called InFocus, which claims to be able to improve blurred images.  I think that the success rate depends on the original image having recognizable edges, so there's no guarantee that it will improve your particular image, but you could download a free trial and try it out.

• 3. Re: DEBLUR FILTERS
              Noel Carboni Level 8

There's a 3rd party plug-in called Focus Magic that I use sometimes.  It's no magic bullet but can occasionally make blurred images look a percentage better.

Photoshop's own Smart Sharpen can help de-blur motion blurred images sometimes, again for a percentage improvement.

There's really no magic deconvolution available today (and it may never be possible) to do the kinds of things they show on TV.

-Noel

• 4. Re: DEBLUR FILTERS
                the_wine_snob Level 9

There's really no magic deconvolution available today (and it may never be possible) to do the kinds of things they show on TV.

Maybe in the "soon to be announced" Adobe Photoshop - CSI version?

This has kind of been a "holy grail," like soft-edged masking was, back in the analog image compositing days. I have tried a few (older versions now), and was disappointed Have not looked at any recently. I agree that Smart Sharpen does more, than most of those trial programs did, back when.

Hunt