11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 5:54 AM by Harm Millaard

Issue with Audio Playback and Uninterrupted Playback in MPE (Hardware Mode)

Chathuranga Lasiru

I'm currently using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 with the latest update (6.0.1).

I'm encountering a very serious problem where the audio from my video clips mute sudddenly when I'm editing and playing back. This happens when other music or audio in the audio lanes (tracks) below that particular 'video clip audio' plays just fine. It literally mutes without any parameter change. This only happens to some of the clips while some plays back normally. I have to reopen my project to fix this and after 30 or 40 minutes of editing it happens again.

And the Source monitor blacks out when it do edits while I'm playing back video. (It's really disappinting when the most anticipated feature in Premiere CS6 fails to work in my computer) I'm editing in the MPE Hardware Mode and if I switch back to MPE Software mode this problem goes away.

My Camera is a Canon XF300 and I'm using the 50 Mb/s MXF 422 format. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the camera because the clips work just fine in CS5.5

My System Specs are;

Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz

16GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 570 2GB (eVGA)

Windows 7 Ultimate

Blackmagic Studio Card (Onboard but Disabled)

Alesis Firewire Audio io26

4x 1TB Segate Hard-Drives

Help is really appreciated.

Cheers Mates!