4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2012 3:40 PM by CBSav8r

Open images zoomed

CBSav8r

How can I open multiple images at 100% PS 5.5

• 1. Re: Open images zoomed
          PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Hi, what is your exact issue, the fact that images are displayed in tabs? You can disable them in preferences (under the edit menu on a Pc, and the Photoshop menu on a Mac)

If they open at another magnification, and you always need them at 100%, you could create an action that shows an image at 100%, and run it thanks to file>scripts events manager.

More info about:

Creating Simple actions: http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/tutorials/actions.html

Scripts Events Manager: http://www.heathrowe.com/introduction-to-scripts-events-manager/

EDIT: do you really mean Photoshop 5.5 or Photoshop CS5.1, included in the Creative suite 5.5?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Open images zoomed
            CBSav8r Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue. Yes, it is PSCS5.1 and I have PC.  To be more precise, my edit includes opening all images at 100% to check for sharpness. I like the tabs, but have to zoom each one separately, and then switch back constantly for correction tools. So it appears there is no shortcut key to hold when I open them all. Thank you for linking me to the tutorials for creating action/script to accomplish this. I will be brave and get to it and ask for assistance if I get stuck.Again, I appreciate your help; I have been trying to find a solution for the 8 months I have the program.

• 3. Re: Open images zoomed
              PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Hi! glad to be of help

I guess that you disabled tabs in the preferences already, if you do not like them.

Some useful shortcuts:

Shift+Double click the zoom tool to zoom all open images at 100% view.

Control+1 is the shortcut for zoom at 100%

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Open images zoomed
                CBSav8r Level 1

Looks like I found a genius! Those are the two shortcuts I have been looking for. I like the tabs so now I can open all in tabs and then zoom all. I just tried it, wow, Thank you again.