10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 7:10 AM by Kapil.Malik RSS

Encore CS6 Cannot Run in Non-Royalty Serialized Mode

jaypurcell Community Member

I've been having a lot of problems getting Encore CS6 to run properly.

I have a Creative Cloud subscription.

I have downloaded Premiere Pro. Premiere is installed as well as Encore.

When I open Encore for the first time everything works great. Once I close it and try to open it again I get an error message that says:

"Adobe Encore CS6 cannot run in non-royalty serialized mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number".

After this, another window opens asking me to input a serial number. As I am a Creative Cloud subscriber I do not have a serial number to input here. Adobe does not provide one for Creative Cloud users.

(I've included screenshots of these messages below).

I've been through many forum posts and even tried to contact Adobe, but no one has any solutions to this. Customer service is almost non existent.

Here is what I 'think' is happening.

Originally I downloaded and tried to run Encore as a trial. Later I decided to subscribe via Creative Cloud. I deleted Encore and Premiere from my mac (but didn't use the 'uninstall' option, because I didn't know that existed, I just deleted all the files). I then downloaded Premiere again following the Creative Cloud directions. I'm guessing there might be some kind of hidden file or key which is telling Encore not to run without a serial. How to remove this file/key or even if this is the issue I have no idea.

I'm hoping someone here can help!

My only solution at the moment everytime I need to use Encore is to uninstall and reinstall it. That is very far from ideal!

HELP!

enc1.jpg

enc2.jpg