3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2012 10:47 AM by groove25

Fireworks CS6 only exporting TIF

Shawn_Chittle

Fireworks CS6 seems to only want to export TIF. I've set it to GIF (or for that matter anything but TIF) but it still only exports TIF. I've tried everything, nothing lets me export to a format other than TIF.

What the heck is going on?

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 11.47.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 11.47.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 11.48.05 AM.png

• 1. Re: Fireworks CS6 only exporting TIF
          groove25 Level 4

Hmm... not sure about this, but I do see one GIF and one PNG in the output list (in addition to all the TIFFs).

Try this: With absolutely nothing selected, set the desired default image output type (e.g. GIF) in the Optimize panel.

If that doesn't work, then select all (Command-A), and do the same.

• 2. Re: Fireworks CS6 only exporting TIF
            Shawn_Chittle Level 1

I figured it out. First of all, there are just too many dang places to set export format! There is Export, Export Wizard, and then the Properties panel, the Optimize Panel. Jeez!

So I went to Properties panel and set PNG32 for every single page. That finally worked. All PNG output!

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 12.59.20 PM.png

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Fireworks CS6 only exporting TIF
              groove25 Level 4

Good call! That seems to have the same effect as deselecting all objects on the canvas and then choosing a format in the Optimize panel. (I don't know if it's necessary to do that for every page or not, but it certainly couldn't hurt.)

Just know that you can also override that general setting by selecting an individual element (like a slice) and applying a new setting to it via the Optimize panel.