2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 5:14 AM by SFS-DPS

Liquid Layout, Master page item

SFS-DPS Level 1

Im trying to grasp the best practices for having objects shift to reduce layout for DPS.

I have a traditional Mag layout, Facing pages, Folios, master pages ect.

My immediate question is: Folios on master pages, I assign an object-based liquid assignmnet but when I go to a page in the doc and adjust its as though Its not remembering?

Is it best to just release all master items prior to assigning Object-based assignments?

• 1. Re: Liquid Layout, Master page item
          Frans van der Geest Adobe Community Professional

Whatvis your policy setting when creating an alternate layout? (is it based on master or object based for instance)

• 2. Re: Liquid Layout, Master page item
            SFS-DPS Level 1

Two part answer...On the master page if I assign the folio to stay in top, right and I test it acts correctly. When I go to to a page that employs control by master the folio acts correctly, but the other released objects on the page do not hold object based assignments.

If I keep it on object based the released items act right but the folio on the aster does not keep its assignment?

So, I guess its one or the other? And if so is the best practice to then release all master items and make assignments page by page?

Thanks.

Steve S.