3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 8:44 PM by MikeKPhoto

Printing Issue

Larry Atlanta

I recently obtained a new printer (HP Photosmart 7510) replacing a HP C6180.  The photo quality (specifically sharpness) has degraded significantly from any photos printed from CS3.  However, if I print from iPhoto (Mac user), the prints are sharp, i.e. the issue appears to be in the software, not the hardware.  Any ideas what is transpiring?

• 1. Re: Printing Issue
          MikeKPhoto Level 2

Not an HP print user, but have you set the right printing parameters in the driver? Like resolution, paper media etc?

I have made thousands of prints out of CS3 and what I see on the screen is pretty much what pops out of the printer. Now I am a PC user, so maybe there is something messing up at the OS layer?

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but if you could post a copy of your driver settings we may be able to spot something

Cheers

Mike

• 2. Re: Printing Issue
            Larry Atlanta Level 1

Thanks, Mike... it didn't directly answer my question but caused me to dig a bit deeper and found the problem...  Hi had the resolution in CS3 low from a past reduction and didn't catch it.  Once I changed that, problem solved!

Thx.

Larry

• 3. Re: Printing Issue
              MikeKPhoto Level 2

Happy Days, glad everything worked out for you

Mike