When viewing the results of my compiled project, the TOC displays very oddly. A red X and the word Page appear adjacent to the topic name. I can select the topic from the TOC and it displays normally. The only things I've done to this project recently were to remove unused images and move several topics to a more appropriate section.
Thank you for your help.
Please see the Sticky Topic "Before You Post"
You give us no clues. What version of RoboHelp are you using and is it RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?
By compile I take it you are creating a CHM. Are you viewing it from RoboHelp or are you putting it on a network drive?
Did you move those files within RoboHelp or via Windows Explorer? Do you have a backup?
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Thank you for your response to my awkward question. I should have been more explicit.
I am using RoboHelp HTML v7, all files were moved within RoboHelp, and I’m viewing the generated project from my hard drive.
I think I figured out what was wrong: I had removed a previous version (v2.1) of the help files from the current v3 help files. When I put it back, the table of contents displayed as expected – no red x’s or the word page; just the topic name as a link. I’m not sure I understand why there was a problem to begin with, but since the v3 files were copies of the v2.1 files, I suppose the v2.1 files needed to remain as part of v3.
Again, thank you for responding.