• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons only work sometimes

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project is set up with a row of buttons off to one side to take you to different sections of the presentation. Sometimes they work just fine... other times they take you to the next slide instead. The same button on the same slide will sometimes do this and sometimes not. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

That is really not enough information, which version of CP are you using? What are the settings for the buttons? Do they pause at the same moment? Are those buttons triggering an advanced action or just a navigation action? I cannot imagine what is wrong, never did see buttons that sometimes work, sometimes not unless there is something different in the two situations. Can you post a screenshot of the timeline, and of the button settings?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm using version 5.5. This is what my timeline looks like.

timeline.png

And my button settings are as follows:

buttonset1.pngbuttonset2.png

I double and triple checked everything, and I feel like I must be missing something. Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those buttons by any chance overlapping on the stage or covering up (part or) each other? If interactive objects are covering each other, only the top one on the timeline will be functional (same for click box vs buttons)

What is the function of the click box and where is it on the stage compared with the button location? Is there any reason that you deleted the pausing for the buttons? If the click box is only meant to pause the slide, I would have preferred to keep the pausing point for the buttons and delete the click box. Can you check the Failure action for the click box, because clicking on a button means clicking outside of the click box...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The buttons are lined up in a row, not touching each other.

I think it was the click box. I put it in there to stop my slides from auto-advancing. It was supposed to be tiny in the top right corner so it would be out of the way, but when I restored my project last week (after computer crashing issues) it reverted to the size of the entire slide. I've changed it back and all the buttons appear to be working properly now.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources