• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending a p12 cert to a credit card auth system HELP!

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am constantly banging my head on my desk and I am needing some assistance I hope someone out there has done.

I am working with a credit card verification type of company who I need to integrate my ColdFusion app with. They have provided me with a web service to make a couple of calls to in order to complete the transaction. However, I am running into a road block with this integration.

The vendor states that before I can make any calls to their web service on their server, I need to "send them a client certificate." It seems that the vendor is unable to provide much more information than that to me. So at this point, if I call the web service on their end, I get an authentication error.

They have provided me with a .p12 certificate that I have to send them before I call the web service via CFINVOKE, but I am really not sure as to what to do with this certificate and how to "send" this client cert to them to begin the process.. I am using CF 8. Any help out there would be very appreciated. Thanks

Michael
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would expect a little more help than that. You did not mention who the company is but I would Google "coldfusion [company] API" and see if anything comes up. If they are a company with any market share you should be able to find something.

Otherwise there are other alternatives if you cannot get it working. ;-)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company is called TouchNet a payment gateway company for Higher Ed institutions. We are a partner of theres. The issue is that they have never interfaced with a CF application.. This is what I got from them today:

If you have a ColdFusion java interface we’d suggest looking at how to provide one or both of these interfaces:

javax.net.ssl.X509KeyManager

javax.net.ssl.X509TrustManager

and provide those to the javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.init() function; then you can use that SSLContext and call getInstance("SSL") to get a socket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand, they want you to include the client certificate header to HTTP request when you call their Web-serice.

Unfortunately, CFINVOKE doesn't support client certificates. However, CFHHTP (CF8) - does. So, you can use CFHTTP instead of CFINVOKE, but you need to create a proper HTTP request body yourself. Usually, vendors provide examples of properly formatted SOAP messages, which is just a text, where you can insert your data. Or look at their WSDL document and create this by yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.. I am going to ask the vendor if they can get me more info on how to format the HTTP call and SOAP message, etc. I will post any new info I find out from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Black.. I did get a reply from the vendor, but it is quite involved.. Is there anyway I can talk to you offline? Via email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there anyway I can talk to you offline? Via email?

Yes, if you post your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
mjsale@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation