5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 1:55 AM by PECourtejoie

Font effects

oscool37

How do I make the effects on the word cheerleading for another word?ImageSrv.gif

• 1. Re: Font effects
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The word it self is using a drop shadow and a warp. Create your text in the top tool bar while the text is highlighted, click on the warp text icon, as shown in the attachment.

Then select arc and finally adjust the bend to your hearts content.

warp text.jpg

• 2. Re: Font effects
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I was in the middle of answering this when that PITA Security Shield fake virus reared its ugly head on my system, but I'll add my two cents worth albiet a bit late.

The only thing I'll add to Silkrooster's reply, is to use the Arch as opposed to the Arc preset, which will keep the character verticals vertical. 

• 3. Re: Font effects
              oscool37 Level 1

I figured out how to warp the text, but I can't figure out how to get the outline on the text. Would you happen to know what font is being used in the picture?

• 4. Re: Font effects
                Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In Illustrator terms the text is using a stroke with no fill. Therefore, use styles to give the text a stroke and change the fill to 0. Don't change the opacity as that will effect the style. The fill will reduce the opacity of the text without effecting the style.

For the stroke, play with the position setting as that will effect the sharpness of the corners for the stroke.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Font effects
                  PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

For the solid drop shadow, set the Opacity to 100%, the spread to 100%, and the Size to 0Px.

The "G" and "R" remind me of Helvetica, in a condensed version.

1 person found this helpful