• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash quits working when I restart my computer and I have to uninstall and reinstall every time

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I've been working on this for 11 hours non-stop!

I have Windows 7 64bit. I'm using the newest Firefox browser. I install Flash and it seems to sort of work. It is in my Control Panel Uninstall programs with the Flash icon.

When I restart my computer and go to the Adobe site it shows that Flash isn't working. It's still in the Control Panel Uninstall programs BUT it has no icon. So I have to uninstall it and reinstall it to use it.

When I go to any Zynga.com games and right click on the game window the Flash window opens but when I click on Settings it freezes and I have too right click and left click a lot for it to go away. So I can't allow the site to use 100% of Flash to run on the site. Once in a while if I wait a few minutes Settings will open and I set it to 100% but when I go back and look at it later it says I am using 0%.

I have Norton 360 and have turned it off and uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly only to have the same problem occur.

Before I installed Windows 7 and had Vista Ultimate it worked better but still not as good as it should have.

Also in my Firefox plugins Shockwave is there but no Flash plugin is ever there with Flash installed or uninstalled. Should Flash be there and where did Shockwave come from? Firefox?

Do I need Shockwave for Zynga or Facebook games? Or at all for that matter. I'll install it for no good reason as long as it doesn't screw something up.

After 11 hours of this Adobe HELL I am burnt! So ANY help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks to anyone who can help me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

It sounds like you are running into a permissions problem.  Please try running through the steps listed in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are running into a permissions problem.  Please try running through the steps listed in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dearest of dearest Chris,

I'm too tire to try it right now but I'm sure this is the fix. THAT MAKES YOU MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did it and it worked!

But directions were off a little on the SubinACL install.

SubinACL installed in C:\Program Files (86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\. "But then you must run the .exe file to install it." Just click on it. It runs in less than a second.

But Reset_fp11.bat automatically installed as a zip into user Cheryl\AppData\Local\Temp not the Subin_ACL Folder. So I copied the zip file (dragged it) (it asked for Administrator approval to copy file) into C:\Program Files (86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\ in the Tools folder. I right clicked it and clicked Run as Admistrator. Then the code flew by ending with 8 Uninstalled. Not to worry. It worked just fine! Problem solved. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines