2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 2:17 PM by Clark Steve

Filename lost when printing PS from InDesign CS6

Clark Steve Level 1

We print PostScript to hotfolders in our ApogeeX prepress system. Previous versions of CS Indy would pick up the filename and add a .ps extension. In CS6 the first time I printed I had to type in the name and now every time I print a new file it always reverts to that name rather than pick up the name of the current file. This is annoying because if an operator does not catch it then the PDF generated by ApogeeX replaces the file in the old job rather than create a new file. Is this a preference I can set? I've looked but I do not find anything.

Running CS6 on Mac OS 10.6.8.  I've been using CS suite since the beginning and all previous version of CS picked up the InDesign filename and added the .ps extension in the PostScript save dialogue box.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Clark

• 1. Re: Filename lost when printing PS from InDesign CS6
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I have not done extensive testing on CS6 to see if there has been a behavior change in this regard, but in all past versions save and export dialogs picked up the filename as long as you haven't typed some other name into the name field and subsequently saved. Once you've done that, that name is burned into the file. It used to be possible to revert to the default behavior by exporting to .inx/.idml, then opeing that file and saving, overwriting the older one, so you might want to give that a shot.

• 2. Re: Filename lost when printing PS from InDesign CS6
            Clark Steve Level 1

It turns out that it was in the Printing Preset. I had made a preset, saved it, and printed the PS file. I noticed a problem with the preset and edited it a saved it again. It wired the name of the current PS file in the Save dialogue.

I created a new preset from scratch and saved it with out continuing to the PS Save dialogue. Now all is well. Thanks for the response.